We are now welcoming back guests to The Chequers Inn
Over the past ten weeks, we have been concentrating on replenishing the hotel, making improvements where needed and focusing on how and what re-opening will look like for the teams and our guests alike.
We would like to reassure you that we are focused on the health and safety of all guests, residents and staff without compromising the high standard and quality of your experience that you have come to know, love and expect from us. With that in mind, we invite you to read all about the preparations and procedures that we have
We can confirm that procedures are being followed in compliance with guidelines set out by the government’s ‘COVID-19 Secure’ and the World Health Organisation (WHO). Due to the constantly changing nature of the guidance and advice, our internal operating practices and protocols will be continuously reviewed and updated. The information detailed below may, therefore, change without notice.
All team members will be required to follow the company’s COVID-19 Secure operating procedures
- Temperature checks will be taken daily before entering the building
- Wash their hands (or use hand sanitiser) every 20 minutes
- Stay at home if unwell
- Follow official guidance on self-isolating
- Wear PPE as appropriate
- Follow a policy of no physical contact and maintain social distancing, wherever possible
- Please respect the social distancing measures in place
- We have cleaned your bedroom with extra care and sanitised it
- We have removed non-essential items to minimise any contamination risk
- Housekeeping will be available on request only, guests to vacate the room and ventilate prior to housekeeping
- Room service will be provided at no extra cost, service is restricted to delivery to the bedroom door
- Please use your bedroom toilet rather than toilets in public areas
- Please wash your hands when returning to your bedroom
Our Valued Guests
- The highest food safety standards will continue to be maintained
- Social distancing measures will be in place in all public areas
- Signage will be displayed in all public areas to reinforce social distancing message
- Enhanced cleaning programme in public areas with an increased frequency in disinfection of high touch
- Hand sanitising stations will be provided in key public areas
- Additional disinfection will be in place of high touch room and bathroom areas (Doorknobs, TV Remote)
- We have reduced the number of tables in the dining rooms and expanded our outdoor spaces
- Tables and chairs will be sanitised between each guest
- We have suspended all buffets. Breakfast will be available from an a la carte menu
- Salt and pepper shakers will be removed and available on request. They will be sanitized after each use
- Blackboard menus will be brought around by staff for ordering
It is important to note, that for the safety of our guests and the safety of our team, that any guests displaying symptoms consistent with COVID-19 will be requested to seek medical attention. Should you be advised to self-isolate, we will request that you check out immediately and return home.
We ask that everyone respects the 2m social distancing guidance, not because we don’t love you… because we do!
And finally, please treat our team and your fellow guests with kindness and respect; this is a difficult time for us all.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do speak to us directly by telephoning us on 01628 529575 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org